HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Publicarchaeology2 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 2014 11:30:47 -0600
I'll agree with Nan and Barb here. This book is worth celebrating, and the editors and contributors are solid. I'd like to read it, and appreciate the effort that obviously went into the book. We all agree that it's expensive, but my guess is that the editors aren't terribly excited about that either.

Maybe "disrupting the grand narrative", to quote the intro title, is worth a few minor editing road bumps, and encouraging our libraries to spend a few extra dollars.

Carol
Carol McDavid, Ph.D.
Executive Director, Community Archaeology Research Institute, Inc.
Adjunct Assistant Professor, Rice University
Secretary, Society for Historical Archaeology
Co-editor, Journal of Community Archaeology and Heritage (http://www.maneypublishing.com/journals/cah)
1638 Branard
Houston, TX 77006
www.publicarchaeology.org