Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2013 16:57:42 -0400
>The group of non-engineer researchers shouldn't be discounted as non-valid
> contributors to the overall understanding of what is happening here with
> bees.
>
> Christina, I feel that you misread Bill.  We on the list emphatically
> support the lab researchers!

I saw her quote and just shook my head. I never discounted them as
"non-valid". Sometimes we read what we want it to read. Saw this on another
scientific site:

*Quote of the Week: **The first principle is that you must not fool
yourself–and you are the easiest person to fool. So you have to be very
careful about that. After you’ve not fooled yourself, it’s easy not to fool
other scientists. You just have to be honest in a conventional way after
that.* Richard Feynman, Cargo Cult Science, 1974 [H/t Donna Laframboise]

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine