ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Mansori, Sophia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2013 11:31:19 -0400

Hello,

I'm a researcher at Education Development Center (EDC), working on a landscape study to support the National Academy of Sciences latest efforts to develop a framework for effective chemistry communication, outreach, and education in informal settings.

For this landscape study, we are collecting examples of various efforts—exhibits, programs, outreach activities—that include chemistry in their content. This includes efforts where chemistry is the main focus, as well as those where chemistry is "hidden" or embedded in another topic, such as climate change or nanotechnology. Do you have an example you would like to share with us? Or, have you seen, heard, or participated in an effort that you think we should know about?

If so, please email me at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. I'm eager to learn of your examples (including any relevant web sites or descriptions), and also hear your opinion about how effective the effort is at communicating chemistry. We'll be sure to send updates on this study and the larger initiative as well.

Thank you!

Sophia

Sophia Mansori
Senior Research Associate
Learning & Teaching Division
Education Development Center, Inc.
617.618.2113

Education Development Center, Inc. | Learning transforms lives.
edc.org