ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Nick Spicher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2012 16:46:52 -0800

Sorry to be late to the discussion, but the historian in me can't resist
interjecting. The technology of microscopic image projection has
actually been around for over 250 years! See a brief outline here:
http://sci-ed.org/documents/Heering.pdf and some images of "solar
microscopes" here:
http://physics.kenyon.edu/EarlyApparatus/Optics/Solar_Microscope/Solar_Microscope.html

Not exactly useful for the original poster's query, but (hopefully)
amusing nonetheless.

--Nick

Nick Spicher, Education Director
Science Factory Children's Museum and Exploration Dome