ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Katie Wray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 2011 16:58:58 -0400

We did a project with some Vernier hand grip monitors (http://www.vernier.com/probes/hgh-bta.html
) that communicate with their USB device (http://www.vernier.com/go/golink.html
). We pulled the heart rate outputs into a Flash animation to create
an abstract audio/visual "orchestra" with different users' inputs.

They've held up well, and are flexible to mount because they're
wireless. Ours was a prototype for a corporate office, though, so I
can't vouch for "bullet proof" with kids around...

-- Katie

url: www.tellart.com
tel: 401.273.5423
adr: 1 Sims Ave