HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Melissa Diamanti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 2010 02:56:45 -0800
If there were actually fraudulent charges against your card, the info was definitely stolen.
But if there were not charges that you didn't make, and the card company froze it anyway? This can happen if the company is feeling cautious.  Any time they see charges from a different location (in this case Florida) instead of your home area, they might freeze the card, then sit back and do nothing until you call in to find out what the problem is. They claim it is a security measure for YOUR protection, but it's really to protect themselves. It can be really annoying to anyone who travels.
I wasn't at the conference, I'm just speaking from my past experience on other trips.
Meli