From:
Maureen Fletcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Apr 2011 09:37:37 -0400
Dear teachers,

A mom had shared her experience of using alfalfa tablets with soy protein shake to increase her breastmilk. The results apparently are amazing! She was able to store about 600oz from the period of 1-21 April. Mom has just given birth sometime end of March. She had even "showed" pictures of her EBM in her Facebook pictures.

The soy protein she is taking is from Shaklee (http://public.shaklee.guided.atomz.com/?q=energy+soy+protein&x=0&y=0)  and its called Energy Soy Protein. She had paired this with alfalfa supplements and thus, the "powerful" combination.

Mom is a Muslim Malay, so she had promoted this combination to her group of Muslim Malay friends during the fasting month last year on how to make their milk "creamier" and able to maintain their milk supply when going on several hours of fasting throughout the day.

My question is, has anyone heard of this combination before? I know somewhat that alfalfa is known to help to increase breast milk but soy protein is another thing.

I'm contemplating to suggest this to mothers who are unable to take fenugreek as a galactogogue, but the fact that this is a "home made" formula, I am giving this a second thought.

Your inputs are very much appreciated.

Warmest,
Moe Fletcher,CLEC