HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Pat Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pat Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2011 14:25:54 -0500
It was a spyware program that directs you to go to a website to purchase a product to delete the fake viruses it tells you that you have on your computer. That product is obsolete, so it may be trying to capture passwords, credit card data, etc. It cost me $85 to dowload Norton 360.5 first, then the power eraser which is part of the security software. My system is clean now. Thank God the virus wasn't more malicious.

Pat Tucker