HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Megan Springate <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Apr 2009 21:11:22 -0400
Hi, Laura

Just from some recent reading I've done...

There was recently an article in Historical Archaeology (published by the
Society for Historical Archaeology, www.sha.org):

Stephen A. Brighton (2008)
Degrees of Alienation: The Material Evidence of the Irish and Irish
American Experience, 1850-1910. Historical Archaeology 42(4): 132-153
(urban sites)

Also, a brief, but interesting discussion about Irish immigrants in New
York State, and how they didn't fit in, eventually moving away, in:

Nancy Grey Osterud (1991)
Bonds of Community: The Lives of Farm Women in Nineteenth-Century New
York. Cornell University Press, Ithaca, New York. (no archaeology)

--Megan Springate