ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Erich Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 2010 11:19:04 -0500

Jennie is spot on.  The very idea that we can stop evolution is completely contrary to the idea itself.  I'm afraid it's just another example of are extreme anthropocentric view of things.  It's like when folks get too excited and say "We will destroy the Earth!"  Well, not a chance.  We might make it a miserable place, destroy ourselves and take a bunch of species down with us, but the Earth will just shrug her shoulders and be on to the next thing.  I mean we have all done the geological time scale analogies.  We are just a brief blip in terms of the planet's history.  Again, we don't see how small we really are in the overall scale of things.

Of course because we are so adaptable we may also end up as the "roaches" of the mammal world and continue living in the cracks and crevices for way too long.

Erich Rose

Erich Rose Design
807 The Living End
Austin, TX 78746