HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
David Parkhill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 2009 16:56:10 -0600
My step-Grandfather had a Mom and Pop grocery in the late 30's and
early 40's in Ft. Worth, Texas. He used a band saw to cut meat
(steaks etc,). I used to go to the store and watched him cut meat and
generally clean around. He did not used a slicer until later but cut
canned meat with a God awful butcher knife.

DP