HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Sat, 7 Mar 2009 13:19:50 EST
We tend to forget that "historical archaeology" has rapidly evolved and
broadly expanded over the past fifty-years and means many things to many people.
There are also deeply stratified layers between the senior citizens of this
new  field and the current graduate students in what is taught and what they
take  away. Most of us simply hang on for the ride and take post graduate
coursework  or training where we can find it. Even the syntheses of what has been
happening  tend to be regionally specific and reflect changes within certain
academic  centers. I would love to see a history of historical archaeology that
includes  the evolution from across the Western World and encompasses Alaska,
Hawaii,  California and the rest of North America.

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.

In a message dated 3/7/2009 8:58:44 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,