HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Sarah Paulson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sarah Paulson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2008 09:16:04 -0600
Meli

I have been working on an urban site in New Orleans Louisiana and have run into the same issue.  We have about 30 boxes of artifacts for a historic dump site and need to cull it down for curration.  We spoke with the Louisiana SHPO and they approved keeping a 10% sample of all non-diagnostic artifacts.  The rest are being weighed, counted and discarded.  All diagnostics are being retained for curration of course.

Sarah Paulson
Earth Search, Inc.
New Orleans, LA