HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carol Serr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2007 14:36:22 -0700
I discovered (online) that there are at least 3 Japanese soda bottlers
who use these modern Codd bottles.  A co-worker (who is Japanese) bot me
a 6-pack of the Shirakiku brand (distributed by Nishimoto Trading Co.
Ltd. Kobe, Japan)...that use an added plastic 'gizmo' top (to make
drinking easier on the lip?).  I want to cut it off of one, to see the
bottle finish....just havent done so yet.

Out here in San Diego, there are plenty of Asian markets you can buy
these imported drinks at.  Don't know about the rest of the US...etc.
Of course, you can find them on the web too.  Search on 'ramune' (means
'carbonated', but apparently one sold in Codd bottles) + 'soda'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramune