ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2006 06:53:50 -0500
From:
Eric Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
7bit

Hello Matthew and all:

I recommend reading the entire editorial, which is considerably more
damning than David's synopsis.  NSTA explicitly states that
distributing these might interfere with its fundraising efforts for a
capital campaign, which includes many corporate donors.   In
addition, NSTA *does* distribute material, including videos, funded
by large energy companies.  I assume there must be NSTA staff on the
ISEN listserv, and I would be very curious to hear how NSTA responds
to this in more detail.  On the face of it, this is a terrible
decision on NSTA's part.

Eric Siegel
Executive VP
    Programs and Planning