From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2007 20:35:03 -0500
Quoting Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>:

Quoting me:
>>Recently, one of my reviews has been attacked pretty violently on the
>>usenet group rec.music.classical.recordings.
>
>You can't just leave us hanging there...what did you write?

Well, apparently some awkward wording on my part led some to believe
that I was a Nazi sympathizer.  I said that the music reminded me of a
bygone era, one where art and beauty was of more importance than they
are now.  I can see where a literal interpretation of what I said (and
from one who was seeking to be offended) could lead one to think that
that I was nostalgic for Nazism.  Here is the link to the review in
question.  The thread on rec.music.classical.recordings got way out of
hand, so I leave it to my more civilized friends here to comment or
criticize my review as they see fit.  (By the way, regardless of what
anyone thinks of my review, the music and its performance are out of
this world.)

The review in question is here:
http://www.musicweb-international.com/classrev/2007/Apr07/Pfitzner_Strauss_PH07010.htm

>It is good to have you back.  It was also refreshing to read of your
>opportunities to broadcast on WRR.  I hope they give you some lattitude
>in what you broadcast.

Thank you, and I really enjoy the radio gig.  I have almost complete
latitude in what I broadcast.  There is one work per show that either I
or our PD put in my playlist, ususally a favorite.  That's done to give
listeners a little something to look foward to each night.  Otherwise,
and especially since I am on in the evenings, I get to play, within
reason and time constraints, anything I want to.

Kevin