ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Elton K Prater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2006 09:30:49 -0600

Hi. I have a question/ need advice regarding one of our exhibits.
We have been having problems with our "Captured Shadows" exhibit (i.e.
phosphorescent wall and strobe). It is extremely dim. We have replaced
the phosphor, and tried new strobes (2 each 800w American DJ
MegaFlashs). Worked good for a couple weeks but then the strobes look
like they are much dimmer than they originally were. We are
experimenting with using a video camera light (800 w) instead of the
strobes and just having it turn on for a half second. Results look
great, but I am worried about the intensity of the light as well as bulb
life. Is there any kind of standard on how bright a light can be for
something like this? It does leave you seeing spots for a little while.
Has anyone had success using something other than the traditional
strobes, or have any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help.
Elton

--
Elton K Prater		[log in to unmask]
Exhibits Manager	Phone 806.745.2525 X 229