ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Ian Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2007 15:03:37 +0000

At 13:06 30/01/2007, Chris Sancomb wrote:
>We are redesigning a keystone arch activity that many of you are
>probably familiar with. Children build a
>keystone arch out of five blocks that they then
>can walk over. We had it made once, and the
>blocks, although nice and met most of our
>criteria were to soft and compress when a child
>of around 50 pounds sits on them. I am looking
>for other materials that will be lightweight
>enough for small children to handle, soft enough
>to not knock someone out when they sail across a
>room, yet sturdy enough to work under
>compression. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

PLASTAZOTEŽ closed cell cross-linked polyethylene
foam. Various degrees of hardness are available.
Sheets come in various pale pastel colours. Can
be layered-up and bonded together to make big, colour-banded blocks.

[log in to unmask] * http://www.interactives.co.uk
*
Give people facts and you feed their minds for an hour.
Awaken curiosity and they feed their own minds for a lifetime.
*
Ian Russell