ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
William Katzman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2007 12:33:32 -0500

I don't have much data, but I can tell you that we plan on people coming
back to the museum about once every three months - primarily to see the
current travelling exhibit.  The chief reason we keep having travelling
exhibits is to keep our membership base coming back, with blockbusters or
exotic topics there to lure new people to the center.
This anecdotally this seems to hold with a majority of our members coming a
few times a year.  Now, our recent Dinosaurs exhibit has had a few young
dino-afficionados coming weekly, and we have had groups of Nannys that meet
here almost weekly with their kids in the small kids area.
We also see spikes with particular programs.

-William Katzman
William Katzman			[log in to unmask]
Director of Exhibits			(828) 322-8169 x307
Catawba Science Center		(828) 322-1585 (fax)
"Try not to become a man of success, but rather to become a man of value"
-A. Einstein