ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2007 14:28:52 -0500

Good Afternoon Emily,
	I graduated from the Museum Studies Program at the University of
Leicester in the early 1970s. As my English cousins say, Leicester's
Department of Museum Studies http://www.le.ac.uk/ms/
has always received "high marks." Since the late 1960s, when the
department was established; it has been a leader in the field and its
alumni are found throughout the world.
	Regarding your question, "....how well known or well received it
is in the US?"  In my opinion, I have found that my U.S.A. museum
colleagues, who keep up with the professional literature and are
knowledgeable about the latest trends in the profession -- have a
positive opinion of the Leicester program.  Also, I am not aware of any
museum professionals in the U.S. who have a negative (or for that matter
a lukewarm) opinion of the Leicester Program.  On the other hand, I have
met some U.S.A. colleagues, who have never heard of the Leicester
program,....but, to be honest, those same folks would be hard-pressed to
name ANY museum studies program in the U.S.A. or abroad.
	I can tell you that from my personal point-of-view, I received
an excellent education at Leicester....and that education has served me
well.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.
Best Wishes,
Wesley
Wesley S. Creel
Administrator of Programs