HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Catherine Spude <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Nov 2005 08:49:30 -0700
Lee:

I'm not terribly familiar with CCC camps in particular, but I do know something about camps where men lived in congregation, at least in the early twentieth century. They did tend to have large frequencies of beverage bottles, usually liquor. I find it interesting that this trend continued after Prohibition. I haven't done studies after 1920.

I'd love to see your data. Can you contact me off-line? I'll give you a draft paper I'm working on for a book we're doing on the northern gold rushes with some data on logging camps, military camps, hunting camps and railroad camps, if you promise you'll share your data on CCC camp.

Cathy Spude