ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
William Katzman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 28 Mar 2005 13:53:12 -0500

Hello everyone.  I just wanted to say that I appreciate all of the
thoughtful posts.  Truly, this is a "brain trust." of varying opinions.
 Too bad the typical "think tanks" don't have this quality of thought.
 Twas cool to follow this ever-changing thread.
And...Paul, I too wondered how many institutions just rejected the movie
because they didn't think it would make as much money as other movies...I'm
near Discovery Place, where John Mackay spoke out for Evolution somewhat
ardently, but also rejected playing 'Volcanos' "for other reasons."  This
has lit up the Charlotte newspapers with a number of interesting "letters
to the editors."
We normally bring in travelling exhibits and movies more for their appeal
more than for their scientific content.  Don't get me wrong...we don't
bring in non-scientific exhibits per-say, but an exhibit that has a lot of
scientific content but sounds boring, probably won't make it here because
we will expose too few people to it.

-William Katzman

William Katzman			[log in to unmask]
Director of Exhibits			(828) 322-8169 x307
Catawba Science Center		(828) 322-1585 (fax)
"Try not to become a man of success, but rather to become a man of value"
-A. Einstein