From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 2004 20:45:45 +0000
Zev Schor writes:

>Incidentally, being a great admirer of Bach's piano partitas and suites
>(English and French) I expect to receive with the same shipment the Glenn
>Gould Edition...

This reminds me that I noticed on the H & B Recordings website that
Warner Classics is releasing a new set of Bach's Well Tempered Clavier,
Book I by Daniel Barenboim.  However, I haven't heard or read of this
from any other source including the Warner Classics website.  Does anyone
have information about this release?

Although I wouldn't expect a great set of performances from Barenboim,
they would likely be quite interesting.  His Goldberg Variations
interpretations on Erato are rather odd but stimulating.

Don Satz