HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Richard Veit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 22:37:35 -0400
Don and other histarchers:

    Pea-sized earthenware beads were recovered from the Dark Moon and Minisink
sites in Sussex County, New Jersey.  There is a brief article on them in the
1983 Bulletin of the Archaeological Society of New Jersey (39:11).  The authors
were Warren Hartzell and F. Dayton Staats.  Radiocarbon dating of associated
charred wood associated with the beads yielded a date of 570 +/- 55 years B.P.

Best,

Rich Veit