From:
Kim Patrick Clow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 02:32:43 +0000
I am currently buying some of the Complete Mozart Edition that Phillips
issued in 1991.  But horror of horrors: I am finding that some Vols are
now out of print on the offical ordering website (iclassics).

Why is this happening?  Has the parent company decided not to restock
volumues as they sell out?  I know it has been out for about 11 years,
but still: there would always seem to be a market for these CDs.

What surprizes me are the volumues that are out of stock: Magic Flute,
Litanies, Vespers, etc,: items that would be pretty good sellers I would
think.

This doesn't bode well for any hunches for a Complete Haydn Edition in
2009 does it?

Do any of the readers on the list think that the Complete Mozart cycle
on Phillips would have been undertaken in the *current* classical music
market?

Thanks for you input!

Kim Patrick Clow