From:
Heather Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 09:33:11 -0400
Hi all-knowing lactation professionals-

I write or post a short article once a month in my neighborhood newsletter (reaches 450 homes!). I always do something on breastfeeding as the rates around here are crappy (for lack of a better word). I KNOW people are reading it and I am getting positive feedback. Several months ago I started with one of Dr Newman's "guilt" articles and everyone loved that (now lots more moms know him and are looking out for articles written by him and NOT Ezzo as he slithered into my beautiful state recently).

What I need for the October issue, since it's breast cancer awareness month, is a short, succinct article about how breastfeeding prevents breast cancer. Probably for most moms this would be their first introduction into this link so I want it to be powerful. If anyone has anything I could have permission to reprint, please send it to me as soon as you can as I have only until tomorrow. I can do it myself using the latest research in the Lancet but I am not the greatest writer and don't have a lot of time in the next 24 hours. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE-Heather in SC