HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Tim Dinsmore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 15:34:14 -0400
Cindy:

I am a historical archaeologist who has excavated two mid-to-late eighteenth
century shipwright homesteads along the upper Damariscotta River:
1.  Hale site                                 1765-1785
2.  Bryant-Barker Tavern site     1865-1803

You stated in your message that you have the most information from the state
of Maine- perhaps you already know about the two shipyard sites I'm studying?

If you would like additional information, please let me know.  I too would be
interested in your inventory of shipyard sites- particularly of 18th century
or early nineteenth century shipyard sites.  I look forward to hearing from
you.

Tim Dinsmore
archaeological consultant
207-563-5660