From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 19:58:31 -0800
Mimi Ezust ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>Just got her WTC from Berkshire Record OUtlet (there are other cds of
>hers available there, too) and I'm very curious about her.  ....
>This is a very lyrical reading of the WTC, not fast and flashy like
>Richter, yet very self- assured and beautifully MUSICAL.  I'm enjoying
>every bite.

There's a complete Beethoven cycle on Olympia, recorded live fairly late in
her life.  Recording isn't great and there's some splashy playing, but
plenty of insight.

You might enjoy her recording of the Goldberg Variations on Hyperion.
Clocks in at just under 80 minutes...

deryk barker
([log in to unmask], http://www.camosun.bc.ca/~dbarker)