From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 19:40:53 -0800
Philip Peters ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>This is the 1929 recording with Leo Blech and the Orchestra of the Berlin
>State Opera, hardly aan amateur orchestra.  However, he did it again in
>1936 with Barbirolli and the London Philharmonic.  I prefer the first one.

Ditto his two Beethoven concerto recordings.  Although the later recordings
have better orchestral playing, the earlier (IIRC the Beethoven was 1926)
have better solo playing.  And I can't believe too many of us choose to
listen to 65-75 year old recordings to hear the orchestral accompaniment.

deryk barker
([log in to unmask], http://www.camosun.bc.ca/~dbarker)