HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jeanne Ward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 15:57:20 +0000
I am forwarding the following call for papers at the request of Tara
Tetrault.  Please respond directly to Tara.  Her e-mail address follows the
abstract.

>Call for Papers
>
>World Archaeological Congress 2003
>
>Session:
>
>Archaeology Education Worldwide
>
>Abstract:
>Archaeologists need to build stronger bridges with professional
>educators in order to ensure that our educational outreach is worthwhile.
>In this proposed session, publicly active archaeologists and their
>educational collaborators are invited to share their experiences and
>perspectives, be it in local, regional, country, or international
>educational programming. Contributions representing an international
>selection of educationally-directed programs are desired for this session.
>
>Contributed presentations should reflect on (not just describe) the
>archaeology education in terms of its purpose and context (i.e., How
>does the undertaking meet the needs of the community? What are its
>strengths
>and weaknesses?).
>
>The preliminary list of participants/contributors to this session
>includes representatives from the National Council for the Social Studies
>(the largest body of professional pre-collegiate Social Studies educators
>in
>the US), archaeologists who collaborate with school educators, and
>archaeologists developing commercial curriculum products.
>
>If interested, please contact Tara Tetrault ([log in to unmask])

Jeanne A. Ward, RPA
President/Principal Investigator
Applied Archaeology and History Associates, Inc.
Annapolis, MD  21401
(410) 224-3402
FAX (410) 224-3470