HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Pat Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 07:46:57 +0000
Dear Colleagues,

Those who are interested in the archaeology of brick, and other
ceramic building materials might like to know that there is a discussion
list devoted to this subject: please visit

From here people can make a request to join, or they can send an email
to:

There are a mix of people in the group (which is a real group as well as
an e-group), ).

On another topic:

About nine months ago I asked you for advice on choosing a relational
database for my research. I'm now using Lotus Approach, but I need to
write mail-merge output involving if/then condition statements (_if_
there is no data in the journal-title field _then_ print the contents of
the title field in italics). Approach doesn't do this, that I can see
... any ideas??? (I suspect my very patient supervisor is at the end of
her tolerance of the current held-together-with sellotape-and-
inappropriately-italicised printouts - I certainly am!)

Best wishes,

Pat
--
Pat Reynolds
Surrey Museums Development Officer / research student, University of York