From:
Peter Wisse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 13:03:30 +0200
Peggy Lucero wrote:

>I'm attempting to start building a CD collection of classical greats.

Well, reading the list you gave, you are certainly not starting the
easy way.  Your favourite instrument being the piano, your list should
include Bartok (solo piano music and the concerto's), Ligeti, (etudes and
pianoconcerto) Barber (pianoconcerto), Messiaen, Catalogue d'oiseaux and
turangalila symphony Villa Lobos, (solo piano music and pianoconcertos),
and the same for Prokoffieff; Strawinski, capriccio for piano and
orchestra, and the concerto for piano and windorchestra, about Janacek:
I prefer the Symphonietta.  This could go on for (p)ages.

I would be interested to see, how the choice of other readers agrees with
mine.

Peter Wisse
The Hague
Holland