From:
Andrys Basten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 14:36:32 -0700
Douglas Fields wrote, on Tuesday, September 25, 2001, at 3:16:

>In any case each performance is absolutely fantastic!
>There's everything there from Lili Boulanger's Pie Jesu to a moving
>performance of "O Danny Boy", obviously sung by some great opera singer
>of yesteryear.

That's Leonard Warren.

The details were sent some of us and the uploads are up for only a brief
time as balm that they were for the sender for the recent horrible events
and lingering aftermath.  Most are wholly unavailable and they're up for
sharing briefly, in the way we all do this with people who visit our homes.

>And then there is a riveting, super poignant performance of the slow
>movement of the Brahms Violin Concerto,

This is played by Ginette Neveu, who died in a plane accident along with
her brother over the Andes only a few months later...

>as well as selections from Schumann's Dichterliebei in one of the most
>incredible performances I have ever heard, and it defineitley is not
>Dieskau!

Charles Panzera and Alfred Cortot

"Andrys Basten" <[log in to unmask]>