From:
Santu De Silva <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Sep 2001 19:43:46 -0400
David Bresch writes:

>I just want to report a compact disc release that is wonderful:
>Kreisler's acoustic Bruch and his second electrical Brahms.  ...
>The Brahms is exquisite (his first one was too) but this has his own
>cadenza and it is very beautiful, perfect in fact.  The disc costs less
>than 6 dollars.

The Kresiler cadenza for the Brahms is, to this listener, more perfect than
any other, including the Joachim.  Another that comes close is Heifetz's
cadenza in his RCA recordig with Fritz Er, What'sisname (I just can't
remember today- -my mind is going- -) and the Chicago, and *that* one owes
a great deal to Kreisler, IMO!

Arch