From:
Arri Bachrach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 20:41:46 -0400
David Bresch wrote:

>Dear List, I just want to report a compact disc release that is wonderful:
>Kreisler's acoustic Bruch and his second electrical Brahms.  The Bruch,
>to my surprise, is so beautiful that it transcends the limitation of the
>recording technology.  It is a must-hear for fans of this concerto or
>violinist.  Kreisler never re-made it.

he plays the same cadenza in both recordings- he was past his prime in the
second Brahms but of course the orchestra sound is much better, but the
first is played with more accuracy, power and a more focused tone- the
Bruch is special, especially the 2nd mvt- he is a bit messy in the last
movement

Arri Bachrach
N.Y.C.