HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Larry Buhr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 12:13:17 -0800
Perhaps it was an exception, but in my undergrad. days (U. of
Saskatchewan) there was a strong integration with the local CRM
community, especially the largest firm in town.  I took a specific class
on CRM taught by the head of that firm, which in a previous incarnation
had been previously headed up by the then current head of that anth. &
arch. department.  Not only was CRM presented as a decent way of life,
they actually made it sound attractive: get your Master's after slogging
it through school for 8 or more years, join a CRM firm and earn a
regular paycheck while getting good experience and enjoying the
camaraderie of the firm.  Then, after several years if you're really
crazy, go back to school for the doctorate.

Perhaps we were a bit isolated up there.

Larry Buhr
Univ. of Nevada, Reno