From:
Carol L'Esperance <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 09:17:28 -0700
.
" In reality what happens is mom's substitute even more inferior
products such as giving koolaid and colas and using regular milk or
perhaps buying the formula but diluting incorrectly to STRETCH it.  This
my dear friends is the reality..certainly we can't risk that happening"

What is the documentation for this? Do they do this anyway since, it is my understanding that they do not get all the formula they need from WIC. Is that correct? May be I am in an ivory tower (don't think so. I've worked public health in Washington DC) but I think this attitude (not the lactneter who stated this, but society who says this) is very patronizing to women. There has to be a better way.
Carol L'Esperance, RN, MSN, IBCLC