From:
Matthew Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 16:52:46 -0500
I recently saw a performance of Study No 7 by the Minnesota Contemporary
Music Ensemble.  It was arranged for chamber orchestra and met with
Nancarrow's approval.  The performance was excellent and even included an
encore of part of the work.  While this is the case I must admit the music
was extremely complex and I had difficulty following what was going on
during many parts of it.  Based on my first impression I believe it would
be necessary to hear this piece many times before you could really begin to
appreciate it.  I believe more performances are in the works so keep your
eyes open...

Matt