From:
"Kerri J. Bundy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 15:36:11 -0500
 As a massage therapist, when I take courses that apply to my profession that may
also be useful to other professions (ie. energy work, craniosacral work, reiki),
there is usually a statement to sign that you understand the scope of practice
and what kind of touch is involved.  It is suggested to carry malpractice
insurance for those who are not in a body touching profession just in case.  I
did have courses in ethics and intention and to keep national certification, I
must have CEUs from a recognized provider/educator every two years.
There's a wonderful book called Medicine Hands geared toward massage therapists
that deals with types of massage for those with cancer in the different stages of
treatment.  Lymphatic drainage is listed as a good therapy (it's a gentle
modality) but is contraindicated at the site where cancer is located.  It is also
suggested that if a person has any type of lymphoma, that the bodyworker discuss
it with the physician first.   Massage of hands or feet (reflexology) feels good,
can be done gently, and can effect drainage as well as pain.
Kerri Bundy RMT, LMT, NCTMB