From:
"John G. Deacon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 19:50:07 +0200
I am grateful to Robert Clements for writing further on the subject of the
sponsorship background of Lyrita.  Yes, I had failed to grasp that his
opening paragraph referred to Ken Russell as well as Richard Itter - and
yes, both he and Richard Itter are eccentric, for sure!

I accept that the sponsorship question is obviously deeper and more complex
than I had realised.  Any sponsor I ever came across (not too many) wanted
his name in big letters and usually on the front cover.

I have no idea what has become of Richard Itter these last few years but I
agree that the titles are very badly distributed even where they exist - and
in most cases, as Robert Clements said, they don't!

How, finally, does Jane Erb work out the name Lyrita from the name Richard
Itter?  I can see a little alliteration but that's all!

On another minor subject the BBC have yet again "upgraded" their programme
listings this last week rendering them almost totally useless for planning
serious listening.  Here is just a single example from tomorrow's listings.

Monday 5th June 1005  Masterworks
With Stephanie Hughes. This week featuring Saint-Saens concertos and
recordings by Alfred Cortot, Neilsen, Frank, and Bach.

More giggles, including recordings by the pianist Image Cooper, can be seen
at www.bbc.co.uk!

John G. Deacon
Home page: www.ctv.es/USERS/j.deacon