From:
Danny Tan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 11:49:56 +0800
Pablo Massa asks, incredulously:

>>PS: Who eats candies at classical concerts?

Steve Schwartz answered:

>Oh, my innocent.  Where do you live? Can I move there? In New Orleans,
>where I live, I've sat behind people who read aloud to their children
>as well as unwrapped and devoured candy during classical concerts.
>
>Well, why not? They probably do nothing different when they're listening
>to music at home.

OK, I do admit that I may be doing something else while listening to CM
at home (like typing this email while Sibelius Symphony No.  2 is blaring
away...), but like Pablo, I find it incredulous that people eat candy in
CM concerts.  Oh, do they have pop corn and Coke as well? It is also
unbelievable that parents can read aloud to their kids!  The mood is so
sombre that somehow it is difficult to envision that people has the guts
to do this kind of thing.