From:
Ian Crisp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 21:20:21 +0000
I took great pleasure in reading Julia Werthimer's review of her recent
London encounter with Berio.  It made me want to go and dig out some
recordings I haven't listened to in years, and I hope it's reminded a lot
of people of something I often try to get across - that modern music can be
just as involving, exciting, passionate and committed as any other kind.
It's not just an intellectual crossword puzzle.  All it takes, sometimes,
is the courage to turn up to a concert it might have been easier to avoid
and to listen with unprejudiced ears.

Ian Crisp