From:
Andrys Basten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jun 2000 04:29:34 -0700
Douglas J Fisher wrote:

>I recently watched a program on PBS called "The Art of Piano", which
>featured a film clip of V. Horowitz playing at Carnegie Hall in 1968.  I
>believe it was his return to live performance after some time away from the
>concert hall.  Does anyone know if there is a recording of this concert,
>and where it might be obtained?

That particular one is not a VHS listing in catalogs I see, though I have
the LP set of this and it's available as a CD-set at most online stores.

If you mainly want to see film of his performances, try my videos
section at:

   http://andrys.com/books.html#videos  and also
   http://andrys.com/othermus.html#reel

Best if you have a DVD now, as more and more will come out.  The Moscow
recital was a good one.  My favorite is the Vienna one and I suppose it'll
be on DVD soon, but excerpts of that are available on "Great Moments" on
VHS,  and there are still some full concerts available on VHS, including
the Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto #3 and the Moscow one.

Tower has several VHS ones they say they can special order, at quite
reasonable prices, but we've had warnings on this list that these can take
forever, if they do get them at all.  If you want to try anyway, you can
use the Tower-link on my page while there or go straight to Tower to choose
from their "Video/DVD" area.

Andrys in Berkeley
http://www.andrys.com/books.html   search sheet music, videos, CDs
http://www.andrys.com/cbooks.html  newer classical music books