From:
Andrys Basten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 22:00:02 -0700
Pablo Massa wrote concerning Lamon's proposed battle of the bands:

>2) Miss Lamon is angry because, as she says, Pinchas Zukerman hasn't
>changed his interpretation of Vivaldi's "Four Seasons" in the last 25
>years.  Yes, all we know it, but that's his aesthetic choice.  I don't see
>why is it "outrageous".  You could criticise the interpretation in itself
>(personally, I don't like it), but not the fact whether he did or did not
>change it.

No. You're describing it out of context.  ZUCKERMAN, the Usual (nasty
toward other musicians if they are of the early music variety and very
publicly disdainful of them) once *again* stated what they do is "rubbish"
and often comments on what he feels is their inferior musicianship on the
whole.  I can't stand the guy myself.  So, she's responding that he is just
stuck in the past and this is the reason for his great anger, so often
expressed, at the early music movement AND its popularity with buyers.

Andrys in Berkeley
http://www.andrys.com/books.html   search sheet music, videos, CDs
http://www.andrys.com/cbooks.html  newer classical music books