From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 15:01:50 +1100
Don Satz mercilessly drew attention to my shortcomings (well, one of them):

>Richard Pennycuick wrote concerning Faure:
>
>>I have only the piano quartets and piano quartets on Hyperion, but
>>they are among my most played CDs.
>
>Wow!  I had no idea that Faure wrote a double set of piano quartets.  I'm
>going to the Hyperion web site right now to get mine.

I noticed this almost as soon as I'd sent it and toyed with the idea
of e-mailing Dave to plead for moderatorial intervention but surmised -
probably correctly - that this would only make matters worse, so I hoped
no-one would notice.  Fat chance.

I meant, of course, piano quartets and piano quintets.  Between that post
and this one, I played the first piano quintet just to reassure myself that
I didn't overpraise the CD.  Not at all.

Richard Pennycuick