Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jul 2009 21:44:57 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
OK, this week I am SOOOO discouraged. So many babies are given bottles in the hospital. The new favorite treatment for jaundice is two days of formula bottles, after which the baby won't latch. Duh. One mom, about a day from weaning because of severe pain, took her baby to the doctor who said, "yes, there is a mild tongue-tie, but it's not hurting anything." Another mom came in this week to say the nurse brought her baby and said "I just fed her, but here she is". Baby wouldn't latch after that and mom thought her chance was over. (We're working on that.) Here's the straw that broke the camel's back: a new mom came in this week to say she hadn't nursed in 4 days because the doctor told her not to nurse if she drank soda because it would give the baby gas. So, now she's on formula and has gas AND constipation! Help? The mom was credible. I feel like I'm trying to row upstream with toothpicks. Sigh..... 
Rowena Tucker IBCLC
Bryan, Texas, USA

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2