Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jun 2011 20:08:16 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (13 lines)
Susan, I so agree that it has not filtered down that Babies need lots of connection and human affection to develop a normal NeuroEndocrine system and then subsequent secure and contented adult Behavior. I know for myself, that I go unconscious when eating. Come to think of of it, I go unconscious for most of my activities.   I was not Breast fed, I was fed Cow's Milk at 3 Months (Yikes!) because I started refusing the formula, then I took to drinking tons of Orange Juice via bottle, my mother tells me.  I was also left to cry it out for 8 hours  a night in my crib, and I had my pacifier until age 5. I am trying to make an effort to chew my food and eat more slowly and enjoy it, but since I did not have that 6 months to 1 year of really enjoying meal and bonding  time at my Mother's Breast, eating is something I do to feed my body, like putting Gas in my car, or eating sweets to get a "sugar high" to make me feel better if something is going bad in my life. Makes since when you bottle feed, the goal is just to get it in ,  burp the Baby and go to sleep like a "Good Baby". Heaven forbid the first year be a sensual, loving and laid back  experience for both Mom and Baby. Preparing Baby for how to approach eating and intimate relationships as an adult.  We officially now see Parent and Childhood as a chore, something to be done in a rush and checked off a list. SO SAD! 
Lisa Mooney, RN MSN IBCLC  		 	   		  

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2