Print

> >Furthermore, does anybody here understand what is involved in
> distinguishing N. apis from N. ceranae? It's not like telling a Ford from a
> Chevy.

I've been processing nosema samples this week.  What really strikes me is
the great variation in spore shapes and sizes from bee to bee.  I never
looked at nosema spores prior to N ceranae, so don't know how much N apis
varied, but N ceranae sure can differ from bee to bee!

Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA
www.ScientificBeekeeping.com