Hi all -

My bees are doing their normal fall cleanup of drones, etc. (1 hive,
upstate NY).  I've noticed that once in a while they't haul out not only a
dead bee, but one that's still kicking.  The hauler is adamant, and keeps
it up until the 'victim' is far from the hive.

I've also noticed a few (very few) larvae being hauled out as well.

Otherwise the hive appears healthy, normal behavior, not aggresive.
Couldn't find anything in my copy of the The Hive and the Honeybee.  Any
thoughts?  Just normal?  Thank you in advance.

Mark Baird