I was absolutely positive that the queen wouldn't leave the nest! Unfortunately she didn't know this! I went to clear out my van this morning. When I opened the back doors to let the few remaining bees out one dropped on the floor at my feet. Yes, it was the queen! Before I could grab her she flew into the blue yonder. I wonder whether this might be a blessing in disguise. I suppose I can now safely put a brood box with a caged queen underneath with an excluder and hopefully they will sort them selves out. Geoff Kipps-Bolton ffff,0000,0000Numquam desperare! Sed scire cum desistere verberare equum mortuum!